Carmelite Riverside, formally Carmelite House, is on the North Bank of the Thames and consists of two distinct parts: a 1990s section at 50 Victoria Embankment and the Grade-II listed 8 Carmelite Street, an 1898 building with an ornate brick façade. It has been home to Associated Newspapers Ltd for almost a century.
Morgan Sindall and Fletcher Priest Architects asked Planet Partitioning for help with the design, manufacture and installation of a new central, frameless atrium as part of a Category-A refurbishment providing 134,000sq ft. of prime office space.
The nine-storey atrium used hot-smoke-retardant frameless internal atrium glazing across three sides to ensure high transparency, improving the admission of natural light while protecting occupants from falls and maintaining the highest acoustic rating.
In addition, Planet Partitioning designed, manufactured and installed frameless glass balustrades and bespoke walnut timber spandrels. For the lift lobbies, Firetec doors provide outstanding fire integrity and insulation to these communal areas.
For the atrium steel work, Planet Partitioning’s design team ensured that the steel acted as a cantilever, allowing the base of the atrium to be used for the building services plant. This also created additional commercial space together with a and a 7,600 sq. ft. roof terrace overlooking the Thames, maximising the attraction of the building to tenants.
Find out more
Call 01444 247933 or email